5 Reasons You Should Hire a Real Estate Agent

4

With a lot of information available online in a snap, you may just ask, “Why do I have to hire a real estate agent? That’s actually a very good question.

 

Below are the top five answers:

 

General Expertise

 

You won’t have to know much about buying or selling real estate if you have Joe Manausa Real Estate professional who works for you. When you hire people who are more knowledgeable than you, it only shows that you are really more knowledgeable than they are. How to find the right person is the challenge. They will all cost you just about the same for the most part. We all want more precious time in our lives, and that is exactly what hiring pros gives us.

 

Local Information

 

Also, agents either have access to insider information or know where to get that access to insider information about the neighborhood you’re eyeing. They can give you important facts and statistics, especially those related to comparable sales and location-specific concerns, such as access to hospitals, school zones, crime rates and the like. Check out these newer homes for sale.

 

Pricing

 

As opposed to what many people believe, agents do not dictate prices on sellers or buyers. But they can help clients make wiser decisions for themselves. For instance, if a listing is at 7%, an agent will have a 7% vested interest in the sale, and the rest will have 93%. Selling agents will advise buyers to balance all the data given to them and to decide on a price. Then the agent will draw up a negotiation tactic, based on market supply and demand, as well as the conditions.

 

Negotiation Skills

 

Effective agents are effective negotiators, and a lot of this is because they can emotionally detach themselves from the property that is the object of the transaction. It’s simply their job. Agents are not messengers who deliver offers from buyers to sellers and vice versa. They are professionals who are trained to represent their clients in the best way possible.  For more info about real estate, visit http://www.ehow.com/how_111063_sell-house.html.

 

Paperwork

 

Single-page deposit receipts were very common back in the 1970s. These days, purchase agreements can be as long as 10 or more pages, and that doesn’t even include federal, state or local disclosures. A regular real estate transaction can require a file up to one to three inches of paper height. You could end up with thousands in penalty or, worse, in court with just one tiny error. Lawyers take care of the disclosures in some states, thank heavens!

 

By now, you’re probably convinced that a real estate agent can be indispensable to you as a buyer or seller. However, you need to understand that not all agents are created equal. You don’t stop at hiring someone. In fact, before you do, it’s important to spend time and effort finding the best prospects in your target location. Compare around two or three of them, placing importance on reviews given by people they have worked with.

Advertisements